Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Black and Decker MM275 Electric Mulcher Mower

These posts may be out of order a little but hey, they get the job done right?

The Black and Decker MM275 electric lawn mower and mulcher I inherited from my Father in Law after he bought it on sale and immediately ran the cord over. I told him to buy a spare cord but he didn't listen. It came with a 2 year warranty from Sears but he didn't care and wouldn't get the stupid cord.

Instead of doing that, he passed it on to me to try out. This is an 18 incher and was newer than my 2008 model I'd been using (I upgrade every couple years anyway) but didn't look as powerful as my old Lawnhog style electric mowers.

I gave this beast a whirl after sticking on a new cord and was greeted by that strange yet pleasing sound electric mowers make. No gas "chug chug" here, just that "whirrr" and the spinning of the blade. I've grown to really like that sound.

You can sort of tell what a mower is made for by looking at it and the small tires and low profile on this scream "small, flat grassy lawn". This isn't a stick chewer by any means but it could probably handle your average tree branches that decide to blow off. I opted to use this in the front yard because it's pretty flat and easy to mow without cord issues. It did the job well, I was pretty impressed. This wasn't going to see the backyard because that was under construction at the time (building a deck) and I didn't want to mow over nails, screws and other stuff I'd spilled haphazardly around. I'd surely snag the cord back there too, it was a mess in 2010.

Here's the basics of the Black and Decker MM275 Electric Mulching Mower:


  • Weighs 39 Pounds
  • 9 Amp Motor
  • Cuts Between 1' and 3.5"
  • Has a Bag Attachment Area
  • Came With 100 Foot Cord
  • 3 Modes : Mulch, Bag and Normal
  • Great Warranty (Sears Bought)
Overall this is a nice little machine and you can pick them up pretty cheap in 2012, I called around. The light weight of this combined with the versatile use makes it a great choice for the little lady in your life or if you just prefer a less "pushy" mowing experience. 

I quite liked how light this thing felt. It's harder to push my 4 year old around than it is to mow my lawn with this electric lawn mower. 

This is a good machine but keep in mind it does have that cord. I recommend getting an extension or two to have around just in case you're watching the squirrels screw around on a nearby tree and run that cord over. You can get these new in quite a few stores still.

No comments:

Post a Comment